Since 1953, we have led the effort to provide charity, faith, and security to both our St. Joseph Parish community while providing for those individuals/families who are less fortunate and live at the margins of our society.
Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
What We've Achieved
- Sold over 4,500 Christmas trees which funded our ability to provide over 3,200 food baskets to our local families during Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
- Devoted our time selling Tootsie Rolls to raised funds to promote dignity for our local individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Held our Annual "Dash Around the Lake" at the Mundelein Seminary to provide funds for our youth's mission trip to help repair the homes of the less fortunate and other local charities.
- We raised over $1400 for the Mercy Home for Boys and Girls.
- We supported our Parish's request to help our refugee family.
- Since 1953 we have erected the Creche in the park front of the Ansel B. Cook house.
- We raise funds to support Respect Life, Mercy Home for Boys and Girls.
- Host the St. Joseph Parish's Octoberfest and St. Patrick Day's community events by cooking and serving our parishioners.
- We raise scholarships for seminarians or men or women who are novices or postulants in their religious order through our Vocations Raffle.
- Hold our Annual Youth Free Throw Contest to qualify for this International Event.